Octavio Duran, Jr. dedicates his practice to representing individuals and families in all areas of personal injury including automobile collisions, construction negligence, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and premises liability.
Octavio has had much success in his young career. He has acquired millions of dollars for his clients and has been recognized as a Rising Star by the Chicago Bar Association and the Super Lawyers from 2013-Present.
He is licensed to practice law in Illinois, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, and the U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois.
Octavio attended Michigan State University College of Law on a scholarship. He graduated as the Class President, launching a scholarship for his graduating class. In addition, he was a member of the Moot Court Trial and Advocacy Board where he became a semi-finalist in the National Trial Competition and the American Association for Justice Competition.
Octavio is an active member in the legal community. He serves as the Parliamentarian for the Alumni Association Board for Michigan State University College of Law and as the Second Vice President for the Chicago Bar Association Young Lawyers Section. As a president and as Second Vice President, he has launched several fundraising functions that will benefit law school students and the legal community. He also serves as the chair of the Tort Litigation Committee for the Chicago Bar Association.
When he is not spending his time volunteering for political candidates, he spends his time running and biking. He recently placed in the top 1% of all runners in Race Judicata, a race that raises funds for the Chicago Volunteer Legal Services.
- Personal Injury/Workers Compensation
ADMISSIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- State Bar of Illinois
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Michigan State University College of Law (J.D.) – Juris Doctor
- University of Illinois – Champaign – History/Political Science
SPECIFIC ATTORNEY PRACTICE AREAS
PROFESSIONAL & CHARITABLE ACTIVITIES
- Alumni Board Member for Michigan State University – PRESIDENT
- Chicago Bar Association (CBA) – Project Officer
- Volunteer Legal Clinic Administrator – Proco “Joe” Moreno
- Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice