Jonathan David Herpy, Sr. has been named one of the top private equity and corporate attorneys in Illinois under the age of 40 by Chicago Magazine in 2016 and 2017.
Jonathan has represented investors, sponsors, and managers of public and private pension plans, broker-dealers, investment advisers, custodians, and other financial industry service providers throughout the entire range of the investment spectrum and routinely provides market-leading advice on public/private offerings of equity and debt along with capital raising strategy.
In addition to the above, Jonathan has been touted as an industry leader for his sophisticated and efficient approach to structuring on- and off-shore investment vehicles, management entities, and investment transactions.
Of particular note, the private equity/family office team at Hart David Carson - lead by Jonathan - has developed an industry-leading approach to advising private equity and hedge fund principals with respect to establishing family offices and preserving and deploying capital, and has represented many of the investment management industry’s most prominent individuals and families.
In addition to his work in the financial industry, Jonathan represents athletes and coaches in the NFL, NBA, and MLB concerning issues involving contract disputes, public relations, private equity/family office structuring and wealth preservation.
- Washington & Jefferson College – Bachelor of Arts
- University of Moscow - Psychology
- Western Michigan University – Juris Doctor
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Illinois
- United States Tax Court
- United States Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation
SPECIFIC ATTORNEY PRACTICE AREAS
- Business Law and Corporate Governance
- Estate Planning and Asset Protection
- Litigation and Arbitration
Areas of Focus
- Private Equity
- Mergers & Acquisition
- Corporate Governance & General Counsel
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Complex Estate Structuring / Trusts / Executive Asset Protection
- Sports & Entertainment
Professional & Community Involvement
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- Thomson Reuters – Lead Counsel – 2016, 2017
- Super Lawyer - Rising Star– 2016, 2017
- Avvo Clients Choice – 2015, 2016, 2017
- Avvo 10.0 Rating – 2016, 2017